Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome to the Green Zephyr: A JMU Breeze


Welcome to the Green Zephyr. This is a project of the JMU student newspaper, the Breeze. At this zephyr we will focus on global and local environmental issues.

I am provisionally the sole author of this blog, and you can call me Miles. I hope to attract other contributors to this project, partly because I'm an overworked student (and activist), partly because I think many people have better things to say and write than I do.

My objective with this site is to bring to JMU students some increased awareness of the rapid environmental changes that people around the world are dealing with because of global climate change, to make some connections between our own life choices and the lives that people around the world and here in our own bio-region must lead because of them, and to highlight some of the magnificence of the natural world, the world that we threaten by living the way we have in the last few decades.

It must be said that I bring my own perspective and view points to this page. That perspective strives to be Bio-Centric, holistic, tolerant, critical and radical (in the sense of seeking out the Radi or root of an issue). This perspective may not jibe with others, and I ask for critique, both in the comment section and in personal emails. It must also be said that I am an active activist, striving for change in the world that will lead to increased environmental justice, social justice and a world balanced between the needs of humans and the needs of all other life forms that share and support this planet, justice for Gaia. My writings will never be separate from these perspectives, and I expect readers to be aware of this.

So, thats that. Lets get to blogging. happy reading.

with hope for a green tomorrow,
miles

No comments: